Thursday, September 6, 2007

Web 2.0 Award Exploration

I decided to explore Etsy, which is a place you can sell and buy handmade items. I love this site because it gives a marketplace for so many creative artist and people who love crafts. It breaks it down by categories, sellers, color and even where the seller is located geographically. I could see this site helping lots of artist connect with buyers outside of their local area. Even their blog provides info on the best way to photograph items. I have added it to my Bloglines account. A library could use this site when helping people promote their craft or if someone is looking for a particular item or artist. The forum also provides research on business promotion, ideas, and provides a community for fellow crafters. In addition, it could be used to gain information on upcoming events and programs.
http://www.etsy.com/

No comments: