Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Wikis

I explored the different wikis listed in the 23 things and found the Library Success:Best Practices very informative. It is worth going back and reviewing the policies list and ways we help the public. I also found the jobs section a great resource. The Princeton Library wiki had great suggestions for books and included a review on the current book I am read, Water for Elephants. I had the same impression of the book as the reviewer (a must reader for everyone!). The SJCPL had great resources under their subject headings. I like how they listed the new books in crafts, provided the best websites and even listed the current events of the library. What a great marketing tool for the library and a way to allow people to see what a library can offer, even if they are by their computer at home. I think this could be the best asset for a library system to use wikis.

No comments: